Thursday, May 16, 2013

Random Thoughts 4: Fascination with First Love

A lot of people seem to be fascinated with the concept of First Love. I admit that I am. Until now, I still wonder where my first love is and how it would be nice to see him before I settle down.  Not that it would matter now, but I guess I am just curious how we would both react. What it would be like, you know. Would there be a spark? A shot or pinch to the heart? Would my heart skip a beat? That sort of stuff.


I still remember the moment I saw him after 4 years of separation and no communication whatsoever. That was 17 years ago. We were like two magnets with the same magnetic pole that repelled on contact. As in literally repelled and turned "about face" upon seeing each other. Haha!

There were also a few men who had confessed to me fairly recently that I was their first love, first crush, first courtship, etc... It was really flattering, and fascinating at the same time, to know that it did matter to them. It still does, actually. It warmed my heart to see them them blush and flutter as they tell me all about it. How it started, what they liked in me, the great lengths they did to make me notice then... Yeah...I did giggle a bit :) and in front of them. Haha! I couldn't help it! Even the class heartthrob could not manage telling me without stammering. Oh, the joy in that! :D Not to be mean or anything, but it did feel like grade school or high school again. I felt young again. We all did. I and "them". Hehe... Most of all, I felt alive again. It was like a shot of adrenalin.

I also have a lot of friends and relatives who are "in love" with the possibility of ending up with the "First Love" or with a childhood sweetheart. You know, that whole "despite-all-the-years", or "two-old-friends-meet-again"drama. For some reason, it has a very strong appeal. But then again, we have to be realistic. That was all in the past. Yes, it's nice to relive the moments...the feelings...the love... Yes, it would make a very romantic love story ending up with your First Love but it doesn't end there.  Only fairy tales end the story with a "happily ever after". In reality, it doesn't end there. There's so much more to it... :)


No comments: